Commitment ceremonies mean many different things to different people.
A commitment ceremony can look just like a wedding, complete with chapel, gowns and suits, and hundreds of guests — but no legal marriage registration. Alternatively, it could be your own uniquely created experience: a ritual to bless your relationship, or a huge party with all your friends and relatives in attendance, an intimate exchange between you and your partner, or a family rite of passage to strengthen the bonds between parents and children in a new unmarried stepfamily.
Your ceremony will be about you and your beliefs — whatever they are. As your Celebrant, I’m there to perform your ceremony, and support your choices. My commitment is to you as a couple and I will help you express yourself with beauty and confidence.
All of my ceremonies are personalised for you - from the very traditional to the totally non-traditional. I will tell your story and help you connect to traditions you love or create something entirely unique.
A Commitment ceremony is available for:
- Adult heterosexual or same sex couples.
- Couples who do not wish to make any legal status changes in their lives, not wishing to enter into marriage or civil partnership.
- Couples who have no legal relationship responsibilities.
Things you should know about a commitment ceremony:
- A ceremony can be held whenever you wish to mark a right of passage in your relationship into a lifelong commitment to each other.
- The ceremony will last about 20-30 minutes - a little longer or a little less depending on your personal choices.
- You will receive a special certificate commemorating the ceremony. (This is not a legal certificate). As the ceremony has no legal status, the commemorative certificate cannot be used for legal purposes.
When we talk about a commitment ceremony, we mean an event that does not involve laws or government agencies in any way; there’s no legal certificate, and the participants’ legal status does not change.
Whatever your beliefs, I am happy to work with you to create the Commitment ceremony of your dreams.